Tomorrow, I’ll be doing a presentation on .NET code reuse across Silverlight, WPF and Windows Phone at the LA SLUG user group meeting.
Microsoft has been touting for a while that you can reuse your code across these platforms, but never really tell you about all the gotcha’s. As part of my day job building the ArcGIS API for Silverlight, WPF and Windows Phone (where 99% of the code is reused), I’ll talk about the experiences and lessons learned, and what usually hides in the remaining 1%.
The meetup will take place:
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM (PDT)
United Future / Wongdoody
8500 Steller Dr Culver City, CA
If you are not in the LA Area, you will miss out on the free beer and pizza, but for the first time ever LA SLUG will be streaming the event online. See event details for more info. I’ll post slides (and if there is a recording, a link to that as well) shortly after.
Silverlight or WPF? Who will win? Or will they team up to be the best tigerblood-powered kick-ass platform ever conceived?